Boy, 8, electrocuted while charging mini motorcycle battery

This article is more than 12 months old

An eight-year-old boy from Alor Setar, Kedah, was found dead after he was electrocuted while attempting to charge the battery of his elder brother’s mini motorcycle.

Mohd Azmar Tahkim Mohd Asri was found lying in the bedroom by his mother Sarinah Akob, 40.

He was scheduled to attend an excellence award presentation at his school next week to receive a prize for doing well in his Arab language class.

When met at the Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital here, one of his teachers, who did not want to be named, said Mohd Azmar was believed to have tried to charge the battery of the mini motorcycle by using a jumper cable connected to an electric socket in a bedroom at his home on the afternoon of March 5. 

The mini motorcycle belongs to his 18-year-old brother.

It is believed that a short circuit occurred and the boy was flung more than a metre away.

His mother and brother, who were sleeping in the next room, heard him scream and rushed to the room, but he was already unconscious.

He was the fourth of five children. 

Source: The Star