Stalker pees in married co-worker's water bottle, gets 18 weeks' jail, Latest Others News - The New Paper

Stalker pees in married co-worker's water bottle, gets 18 weeks' jail

This article is more than 12 months old

He made her life hell.

And she has finally seen him brought to justice, but not until the stalker peed in her bottle of sparkling water.

Mrs Heather Kendall was persistently harassed by her colleague Marc Wroe, 44, over a seven-year period.

Both worked in the same company in Preston, England.

From 2007 onwards, Wroe pestered the 48-year-old at work with numerous suggestive emails  despite warnings from other colleagues, newspaper Metro reported.

She ignored his repeated online advances.

He soon sent messages of a sexual nature – while also repeatedly sending flowers, mystery parcels of lingerie and Valentine’s cards to her home. 


More disturbingly, he would show up at her door unannounced when her daughter was asleep and her husband was away on business.

Police were eventually called in after Mrs Kendall noticed the liquid in her bottle of sparking water ,which she kept on her desk, had a "foul smell" and went to her bosses.

CCTV cameras were installed at the distribution company.

Footage showed Wroe sneaking past her desk, taking the sparkling water bottle with him and returning with it full of liquid. Tests determined that he’d been urinating in it.

Judge Jane Goodwin described Mrs Kendall as "living her life on pins" following the prolonged harassment.

"Perverted game"

In a statement, the victim said she thought Wroe was trying to "play a twisted, perverted game" with her.

He had spiked her water bottle more than once, the Daily Mail reported.

The prosecutor said Mrs Kendall was scared what would happen in the future. "She didn’t know what she had done to deserve this.”

She also could not go to the supermarket for fear of bumping into her tormentor.

Wroe, of Preston, Lancashire, was banned from contacting Mrs Kendall for three years and ordered not to go within 100 metres of their former workplace.

He was sentenced to 18 weeks in jail.

Sources: Metro, Daily Mail