2014 Emmys: The 6 things you needed to know about the 2014 Emmys
The Emmys proved that you can have still have fun in an award show without any twerking or wardrobe malfunctions.
Hosted by Seth Meyers, the Academy this year decided to give Breaking Bad, which has ended its run, a grand farewell by giving it six awards including Best Outstanding Drama.
Aaron Paul and Anna Gunn won the supporting awards. And Bryan Cranston beat True Detective favourite and Oscar winner Matthew McConaughey for the lead actor prize.
Cranston was the clear winner tonight - as he even managed to snog Julia-Louis Dreyfus, who won best comedy actress (below). Non-Seinfeld fans, it's not totally random.
He played Dreyfus' love interest on Seinfeld.
1. Julia-Louis Dreyfus and Bryan Cranston
2. Weird Al doing what he does best
Thankfully, there is no broadway-inspired musical segment this year. Instead, we have Weird Al. And he live up to his name - in the best way possible.
He even handed George R.R. Martin, the creator of the Game of Thrones series, a typewriter and demanded that he write faster.
3. What would an award show be without someone mispronouncing a name. Today's lucky winner was Stephen Colbert. But according to Gwen Stefani, it's Stephen Colbort.
And fellow nominee Jimmy Fallon even used her error to claim that it should belong to him instead since Stefani pronounced Colbert's name wrongly.
4. New man-crush alert? This half-Japanese and half-Swedish director won Best Directing for True Detective.
It's not just the looks we're after. The talented director, who got his start as a PA on Destiny's Child Survivor shoot, is responsible for one of the best tracking shots on TV.
Just one question: Did Chris Pratt braid his hair?
5. One of the funnier segments of the ceremony had comedian Billy Eichner and Seth Meyers go out to the streets and basically shout at people. Who knew that could be so funny? (Please don't try this here - you might get Stomped)
6. Modern Family wins... again.
Does anyone else think this family sitcom is way past its prime? It beat critical darlings Veep and Orange is the New Black to claim the Best Comedy Series for the fifth time - something that only Frasier has done.
Well, a consolation is that Veep's Julia-Louis Dreyfus won the Best Comedic Lead actress.
These are the other winners:
Actress, Drama Series: Julianna Marguiles, The Good Wife
Supporting Actress, Comedy Series: Allison Janney, Mom
Supporting Actor, Comedy Series: Ty Burrell
Movie: The Normal Heart