S'porean tourists suffer carbon monoxide poisoning in Taipei, Latest Singapore News - The New Paper

S'porean tourists suffer carbon monoxide poisoning in Taipei

This article is more than 12 months old

A Singaporean family holidaying in Taipei was taken to hospital on Friday morning (Dec 11) for suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

The family of six had been staying in a rented apartment near popular shopping district Ximending

Taipei authorities said they sent four ambulances, two fire engines and 14 firefighters to the scene.

The family members were dizzy, fatigued and nauseous​.

Four of them were taken to hospital.

According to local media, they have been treated and are well.

Police found high concentrations of carbon monoxide in the apartment, which they said was poorly ventilated.

The landlord was taken to the police station for questioning.

Sources: ETtoday, On.cc, CNA

SingaporeholidayUncategorisedtaiwancarbon monoxide