Here are 7 funny Internet posts on Aug 7 public holiday
Not everyone was cheering the just-announced SG50 public holiday on Aug 7.
At least if you go by some of the comments on the Internet today.
A number of people were skeptical - perhaps because the Ministry of Manpower's mobile website was down after the initial announcement.
Possibly down because of heavy traffic from disbelieving Singaporeans?
1) One Twitter user captured the idea perfectly:
2) Even when Minister for Education Heng Swee Keat put up a Facebook post, this person was still doubtful:
So the official SG50 Facebook page answered the question, in true blue Singaporean style of course:
3) And in true blue Singaporean style, several people like comedienne Irene Ang started wishing for a slightly longer holiday, like a 50-day holiday.
4) Maybe there's a teacher out there plotting to crush students and parents' dream of lazing around.
5) Then, Mr Brown verbalised what a four-day break means for you and me:
6) But once our hopes went up, the blogger quickly followed with this tweet that would have surely brought even the most optimistic back down to earth.
7) Then, there are the ones who believe $$$ talks...in a SG50-themed amount.
Sources: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Get The New Paper on your phone with the free TNP app. Download from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store now